Thursday, January 10, 2013

How to tell if your avocado is ripe

I don't know about you but I love avocados. Sometimes I'll eat one with a piece of toast for lunch, kinda like an open face avocado sammich. The problem though, is that I never know when they are just ripe. I usually buy at least 3 at a time and then just wait and hope for the best. Until now. After stumbling across this image on how you can tell the ripeness of an avocado, I decided to give it a shot, and in going along with my 2013 "goal" of actually using this blog, I figured why not use it as an excuse to "document my food."  Now when I grabbed this one off the counter this morning I was skeptical. It was a bit too soft, but when you're already running late there really isn't much time to contemplate lunch options, so I grabbed it along with a piece of bread and off I went. 

Fast forward to lunch time...
First I popped out the "belly button" (that's what I'm calling it) and it looked good. Then I grabbed my super sucky handy dandy potatoware knife and cut into it and sure enough my avocado was perfect! (you can thank the ecofriendly potato knife for the jagged edges). 


So there ya go, first pinterest experiment of the year was a success! Now to try that teeth whitening trick this weekend. I will report back after I've tried it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment