Sunday, November 17, 2013

November Workouts Day 5

I took Friday and Saturday off which meant I HAD to do something today.  I didn't want to, but I also didn't want to lose my new momentum. Originally I thought I'd workout in the morning before we did anything, but I enjoyed my morning grog (coffee) a little too long and ran out of time.  Fast forward to 9pm and I had to make a decision. Work out or be lazy. I wanted to be lazy because I felt the mittelschmerz starting and knew it was going to be bad, which meant no squats or jumping or even a good core workout. What to do? Flake and use the onset of pain as an excuse, or power through a quick workout before it hit full force and I was bound to the couch in excruciating pain? I opted to power though until I couldn't do anymore. Arms was about all that was safe so I did the '10 Minutes to Tone: Arm Workout' video again. My arms were still sore from Thursday but "no pain no gain" right?  I swear that is the most hellish 10 minutes! Even though my arms felt like jell-o,10 minutes seemed like a sorry ass excuse to call it a day. Attempted the 'Killer Abs' but couldn't make it past the first 10 sit-ups before cursing womanhood and the shit we deal with on a monthly basis.


I still couldn't give up though. Why not torture my arms a bit more? I mean what's 30 more reps (3 sets of each) of a few easy moves? HA! I got in 2 sets, was afraid to whop myself it the head with a 5lb weight during the the shoulder press and called it a day. By this point I could barely make it to the couch anyway so the timing was perfect.

While this was not my most impressive workout I figured it was better than not doing anything at all. It hurts like hell so it has to be doing something AND if I pop a few Ibuprofen now I should be able to do some serious leg and core exercise tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment