Thursday, November 14, 2013

November Workouts Days 3 & 4

Day 3 - I decided to google, and search some hashtags on IG and also search Pinterest and found more workouts to do. for Day 3 I decided to work on arms and core. I've said it before, but some of these exercises seem easy at a glance, until I start counting the reps. Adding Sumo Squats and Calf Raises on days 1 and 3 means that my legs are SORE. Not just thighs, the WHOLE leg, both legs.  So I thought focusing on arms and core (that was sore too but I can deal with that soreness easier) was going to be giving myself a bit of a break without slacking. I found this 10 minute arm video on FitSugar and it what's 10 minutes right? WRONG again! the woman does not break. It's 10 straight minutes, except when you switch from 3 to 5 pound weights. Of course I thought I would be all bad ass and just stick with my 5 pound weights, plus its all I have. By the 3rd exercise I wanted to cry and just used my own resistance. Still sore as hell during after and today, the day after. 
Here is the video. It really is only 10 minutes and since it is non stop and makes you want to cry I'm going to recommend it and hope to see results sooner rather than later.
http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Workout-Sexy-Sculpted-Arms-21620326

In addition to the arm torture I did the Core Challenge. My arms hurt so bad that I could only do 1 of the planks with fully extended arms, and even then they started to shake after 10 seconds and that has never happened before. 




Day 4 - let the torture continue. Totally sore today. 


Even tough I went to hula and danced for an hour I felt that I had to keep my momentum and do a regular work out. I had intended to take easy, but once I was done I realized that I've lost my mind and am clearly punishing myself for being such a slacker the past few months. 


-I only did 1 set of arms, with 5lb weights. The full image says 3 sets,  but I just couldn't be that cruel, it already hurts just to reach in the cupboard from yesterday's 10 minute torture video.

-I also only did 1 set of the each squat pictured. There are actually 2 more variations (split squat and 1 leg squat) and that also says to repeat 3 times, but 200 squats in one night was enough for me. I can't even fathom 600 in one day at this point. I can't be that cruel yet. Maybe by January I'll have reached that level of insanity but for now 200 squats is enough. Shit, the 30 day challenge doesn't have you at 200 until the very end and I've never made it that far. I'm actually kinda scared, I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment